There are many styles of queen bed frames on the market today. Depending on your needs and the space available in your room, a queen-size bed may be too big for you. If you’ve got your other half, this queen bed can make you feel like you’re miles away from each other.
Most people like to style their bedrooms, which is why they buy a bed frame to attach their mattress to. Here are some of the many styles of queen size frames:
- The Hollywood frame is one of the most popular styles of the queen bed frame, especially among young people who may not have the money to spend on their bed frame. This is just a simple metal frame that goes under the bed to keep it off the floor. In many cases, this frame comes with the bed when new purchases.
- The sliding bed will make your queen bed bigger than it actually is. Not only does this frame look comfortable, but the wrap-around ends make the bed more stylish. But not all bed frame sled beds have screw ends. The term sleigh bed means that the bed sits inside the headboard and footboard, unlike most other bed frames, which are just a headboard.
- Queen water beds have a specially designed Queen size bed frame, to hold the movable mattress in place. There are two types of mattresses that can accommodate a water bed. One is non-corrugated and involves filling the tubes with water, while the other is a bed filled with water. Many people claim that a plain waterbed is better for their backs because water forms in their bodies.
- Princess beds are really beautiful for girls. They are usually made of metal and have long stems that fold into sheer fabrics to block the sun’s rays. This frame is very stylish and can be used by young girls throughout their childhood and adolescence.
While there aren’t many queen bed frames, some of them will have a queen bed. If you plan to use this bed for a night’s sleep, it is recommended that you have a futon frame with wood slats on the thin metal.
- Trestle beds are practical because they raise the bed off the ground and often have storage space underneath. This makes this bed frame ideal for small rooms as it won’t take up every room in your space with wardrobes and a bed. Bunk beds are available in several heights, so you have the choice of the desired height for your bed. These are often also referred to as captain’s beds because they are designed for a ship bedroom, which has much less space than an actual bedroom. These beds have lower drawers to keep storage possible.